Cannabis-infused pizza? What happened to get high and then order some pizza? Forgetaboutit… Let’s make some cannabis pizza.
If the world’s most ardent cannabis fans decided to establish a breakaway republic, it’s a pretty safe bet what their national dish would be — pizza. New York style, Chicago style, Detroit style, the one with the pineapples and Canadian bacon, or just “whatever is available,” pizza is the perfect stoned meal. It fits easily in your hand, it’s salty, cheesy, and filling, and like cannabis (or sex), even when it’s terrible, it’s usually still pretty good.
Typically, weed and pizza go together linearly: you smoke weed, order a pizza, invite the pizza guy in to smoke a bowl, eat the pizza, and then eat more pizza for breakfast. (The pizza guy should have left the night before.)
But what if you did things completely differently? What if your pizza had a healthy topping of THC in every slice?
Why make a cannabis-infused pizza? Why not just get high and order a pizza?
How to make weed pizza
You don’t actually put weed on pizza to make marijuana pizza.
There are two basic ways to make weed-infused pizza: using cannabis oil to make the dough or drizzling it over a homemade or store-bought pizza before baking. If you are a savvy cook or chef you may even consider cannabis pizza sauce, but that is outside of the scope to today’s recipe.
If adding the infused oil to the dough, replace the olive oil in the standard dough with cannabis-infused oil and follow the rest of the recipe.
For instance, you can tweak this simple Pizza Corner pizza dough recipe by replacing the olive oil with an identical amount of cannabis-infused olive oil. The recipe makes four dough balls — enough for four 10-inch weed infuzed pizzas.
Cannabis Infused Pizza Recipe
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 4.5 cups all-purpose flour plus extra for dusting on the counter
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons infused olive oil
- Place 1 ¾ cups of lukewarm water in a mixing bowl and sprinkle the yeast over the water. Let the yeast dissolve in the water, which should take about two minutes.
- Add flour, salt, and infused olive oil and mix for about five minutes until the flour is incorporated and the dough is formed.
- Dust your countertop with some flour and place the dough on top. Knead the dough lightly for about 3-4 minutes until it looks smooth and then cut it into four equal pieces.
- Wrap both of the dough pieces in plastic bags and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Take the dough pieces and form them into smooth, firm balls on a flour-dusted or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm spot for about 30 minutes. Each dough ball should rise and double in size.
- Now that your dough balls are ready, roll each one out to about 10 inches diameter and about ½ inch thick. Make sure not to work the dough too hard. Prepare whatever toppings, sauce, and cheese you want to use. About one-third to one-half of a cup of tomato sauce and the same amount of cheese should be enough to cover one pizza — but you’re an adult, you can put on as much cheese as you want!
- If you have a pizza stone, place it on a rack in the lower half of the oven. Preheat the oven to 475°F (245°C) and bake the pizza for about 10-15 minutes, keeping a close eye on things so that the crust doesn’t overcook. (If you don’t have a pizza stone, a regular old oven tray will work. For best results, preheat the tray before putting the pizza on it.)
Make your dough or use frozen/delivery pizza?
As we mentioned above, if you’d like to make things a lot easier for yourself, you can add cannabis oil to an already prepared pizza of your choice to throw together a cannabis pizza.
Take 2-4 tablespoons of infused olive oil and evenly spread it onto the pizza. Spread the oil across the pizza with a frozen pizza before placing it into the oven.
If you’re ordering pizza delivery, place it in the middle of the dinner table and either spread the oil across the pizza or drizzle it evenly.
You could even consider taking your favorite pizza dipping sauce and adding infused oil, but that sounds like a recipe for a different day.
So what are you waiting for? Make your own stoned pizza, weed infused pizza or THC infused pizza today!