Holy cannabis guacamole!
Cannabis-Infused Guacamole Delight! Experience the fusion of cannabis with smooth and flavorful guacamole, ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Only 10 basic ingredients are necessary.
- No need for baking or cooking. Scoop, dice, blend, and savor.
- Smooth yet textured consistency, enhanced by a tangy lime touch.
- An ideal dip for all seasons!
- Dietary Attributes: naturally devoid of gluten, dairy, and refined sugars. Suitable for vegans, vegetarians, and Keto diets.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
The delicious combination of creamy texture and tangy flavor makes cannabis guacamole a beloved treat that’s gained popularity across America. Plus, it happens to be a personal favorite of mine as well!
This recipe features a unique element: cannabis. Below, find a top-notch cannabis guacamole recipe, essential tips, alternative infusion methods, and comprehensive answers to frequently asked questions.
Cannabis Guacamole Ingredients
- Avocados: These are rich in healthy fats and offer a creamy texture. Ensure you select ripe avocados for optimal results.
- Lime Juice: While fresh squeezed is preferred, bottled can substitute if necessary.
- Red Onion: Recognized for its antioxidant qualities, red onions introduce a savory touch.
- Jalapeno: This ingredient introduces a spicy edge. Adjust the quantity based on your spice tolerance.
- Cilantro: Brings a refreshing taste. It’s optional, especially if you aren’t a fan.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic enhances the flavor, although jarred alternatives are acceptable.
- Ground Decarbed Cannabis: A crucial component for infusing cannabis.
- Salt & Pepper: Modify the amounts according to your preference.
Note: The recipe card below has a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions.
Step-by-Step Process for Weed Guacamole
- Step 1 – Preparation: Halve the avocado, remove its pit, dice its flesh, and transfer it to a sizable bowl.
- Step 2 – Lime Juice Incorporation: Pour in the lime juice.
- Step 3 – Texture Formation: Using a fork, mash until you reach the desired texture.
- Step 4 – Vegetable Addition: Introduce the red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Step 5 – Flavor Enhancement: Incorporate minced garlic and salt.
- Step 6 – Cannabis and Spices: Add in the ground decarbed cannabis along with other spices.
- Step 7 – Mixing: Blend all ingredients thoroughly. For flavor melding, refrigerate for a minimum of an hour.
- Step 8 – Serving Touch: Optionally, adorned with a fresh fan leaf before presenting. Savor your creation!
Note: Complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
Guacamole Storage Instructions
For optimal freshness, store this guacamole in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. However, consuming it promptly ensures the best taste. Be mindful: the ingredients can oxidize and turn brown when exposed to air over time.
Alternate Cannabis Infusion Techniques
Edibles have various infusion methods. We’ll outline possible methods for this recipe. The cannabis fan leaf as garnish remains optional.
- Ground Decarbed Cannabis:
- This method is recommended for its simplicity and efficacy.
- For those unfamiliar, you can find more about incorporating decarbed cannabis in edibles in available resources.
- Decarbed kief can be an alternative.
- Cannabis is more effective when combined with fats. The high-fat content of avocados complements this.
- A personal choice is using THC-dominant, CBD-dominant, or CBG-dominant flower. Ensure proper decarbing based on each cannabinoid.
- Cannabis-Infused Oil:
- While ground, decarbed cannabis is the primary suggestion, infused oil can be an alternate choice.
- Numerous cannabis oils are available; select what aligns with your needs.
- Leftover Cannabis Pulp:
- Some retain plant remnants from making infused oil or cannabutter. This “leftover cannabis pulp” contains residual cannabinoids, offering a subtle infusion.
- If choosing this method, incorporate it as an additional component. Starting with around 2 tablespoons is advisable.
- If you add the pulp to infuse this recipe, add it as a separate ingredient and start with a small amount, maybe 2 tablespoons.
Want a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Insights and Best Practices for Guacamole Preparation
- Opt for fresh ingredients to maximize flavor.
- Decarb options include both oven-baking and using an Instant Pot.
- The dip’s flavor is enhanced when served chilled or at room temperature rather than heated.
- For the finest guacamole, choose perfectly ripe avocados. To determine ripeness:
- Gently press the avocado’s exterior.
- A slight softness indicates ideal ripeness.
- It may be overripe if it’s too soft; too firm suggests it’s underripe.
- Adjust spice levels by swapping jalapenos for milder or hotter chiles.
- To diversify the flavor, incorporate ½ cup of diced ripe tomatoes after preparing.
- For a creamier texture:
- Process onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Introduce the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Cannabis Guacamole Recipe FAQs
Cannabis guacamole can be new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs.
What pairs well with cannabis guacamole?
Round out the ultimate cannabis-inspired Taco Tuesday with cannabis guac, cannabis salsa, and my cannabis-infused taco seasoning.
What other unique foods can I use this guacamole in?
Other than the classic guac dip and tortilla chips, you can use this cannabis guac to mix into tuna salad or deviled eggs.
What other foods can I use to dip into this recipe?
You can use this cannabis guacamole as a dip for raw veggies, pita chips, or plantain chips. You can also use this to top off nachos, burritos, other Mexican dishes, and grilled salmon or chicken!
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Sharp Chef’s Knife
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Potato Hand Masher
- 3 cups diced ripe avocado pitted and peeled
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice fresh squeezed
- ⅓ cup red onion ⅛ inch dice
- 2 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon decarbed cannabis flower
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Add the avocado and the lime juice to a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher or sturdy fork until your desired consistency is achieved.
- Add the remaining ingredients from the red onion to the cumin to the bowl and stir everything very well to combine.
- Place the guacamole in an air-tight container and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to come together.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!